Resources: Entrepreneurship 101
Recommended Books & Ebooks:
- “The Lean Startup” by Eric Ries: A guide on how startups can use lean thinking principles.
- “Zero to One” by Peter Thiel: Insights into innovation and building the future.
Websites & Blogs:
- Entrepreneur: A leading source for the latest news and advice for entrepreneurs.
- Startup Grind: A global startup community designed to educate and inspire entrepreneurs.
Tools & Software:
- Mind Meister: A tool for brainstorming ideas collaboratively.
- SurveyMonkey: Useful for validating business ideas through surveys.
- How I Built This with Guy Raz: Stories behind some of the world’s best-known companies and innovators.
- The Pitch: Entrepreneurs pitch their startups to investors.
Workshops & Webinars:
- General Assembly: Offers workshops on ideation and startup methodologies.
- Startup Weekend: A hands-on experience where entrepreneurs can find out if their startup ideas are viable.
Networking & Events:
- Meetup: Check local entrepreneurial meetups for brainstorming sessions and feedback circles.
- Founders Network: A private community for tech startup founders.
Forums & Communities:
- Indie Hackers: A community for entrepreneurs to learn and build their own companies.
- Startup Nation: Forum dedicated to entrepreneurship, from idea to growth.
- Dropbox: Their initial video demo that drove hundreds of thousands of people to sign up before the product was even launched.
- Airbnb: How they validated their business idea with a simple website and a few rented air mattresses.
- Startup Financial Model: A tool for building financial forecasts for startups.
- Score.org: Offers a variety of financial templates for startups.
Regulatory & Compliance Information:
- U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA): Provides guidelines for starting and managing a business.